Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Gone Fishing

On Father's Day 2004, The Boy presented his dad with a children's book of the above named title for a gift. It's about a little boy and his big daddy that go fishing and bring back fish for momma to see.

At the time there was no way to know how much The Boy would come to love fishing, or that it would become a Father's Day tradition for the two of them to head down to the river to drown a worm.

Inside the front cover of that book I wrote "Happy Father's Day 2004! With love," and The Boy scribbled his name in a two year old's chicken scratch.

Some time later, The Boy took this book out for his bedtime story. When I opened the front cover he exclaimed, "Hey! Somebody wrote my name in here!"

5 Comments:

  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love kids.

    Carla

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    That's cool. Children's chicken scratchs do have meaning....

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He's so cute.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BIKER TRASH :) you make me laugh, woman.

    when I met my man? harley riding longhair.

    and then...much to his shock...the harley stayed but the hair THINNNNNED.

    hence the current head :)

    C.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    What a sweet story!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home