Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ungroomed

I took off my acrylic nails.

I feel like my fingers look like fat little sausages without them. Ugly. Like toes.

My nail tech did a crappy job on my nails the last two times I had them filled. Since we are moving, and since you really should take a break and let your nails breathe every so often, I decided to peel them off (ouch).

Besides, it's not cheap to maintain acrylic nails, and it pissed me off that he was doing a crappy job. That's how I deal with things, see. Instead of confronting him and letting him know of my disappointment, I'll just quit going.

Take that, nail man.

Like he'll notice, they're so busy.

It was getting frustrating trying to communicate with him. He spoke limited English, and I can't speak Vietnamese, so there ya go. We couldn't seem to make any progress in that area at all.

Anyway, I am used to wearing nails that extend probably one half inch beyond my fingertips. My own nails underneath are normally very soft, and right now are brittle and paper thin.

And short.

My fingertips are SORE.

That is all.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I've been thinking about letting mine breathe as well. I agree with you, though. I think my hands look like fat little sausages without them. And my nails are brittle little papery things without them. I hate when I can't communicate with my nail techs, but we've been going to the same place for so long I think we understand each other! I love the nail girls at the salon! Don't worry, it won't be long!! But you probably should have gone to the salon to get them off. Perhaps it wouldn't have hurt so bad!

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Preparing to move. Yay!

    Grooming nails to me involves periodic visits to the teeth.

    I'm always in awe of women like you who actually groom. And wear heels. And have groomed heels and boas on the shower curtain.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    I had acyrlic nails for about three weeks around my wedding and a loved them. I love my fingers anyway - they're long and the only thing skinny about me. I wanted to keep them, but the upkeep was killing me. It takes so long, but it sounds like it's worth it.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ouch! peeling those off hurt.

    since being at stay at home mom, no more nails for me.

    i hate my fingers but love being a stay at home mommy.

    you are so like me, instead of telling them you are not happy you just quit! Take that. I LOVE IT.

    your fingers will feel cleaner and someday not so sore.

    you are FUNNY! thanks for making my day.

    julie
    http://thelussierfamily.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    groomed nails???? What's that? Every time I go in for a pedicure, they peer at my nails with a sideways glance and ask if I'm getting a manicure too. Um, no, don't bother.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Welshie said…

    I am doing the same. My nails look terrible and I can't wait for the new ones to be put on. I totally understand how you feel!!

    Debbie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home