Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bigger is not better

Yesterday I snagged this fabulous packing box from work.

I was able to get most of my pants and all of the shirts that hang in my closet into the box, plus a few handbags, some of The Boy's baby blankets, and about one fourth of my shoes.

Then I taped it shut.

I was really quite proud of myself.

MFH informed me this morning that it's easier to pack (and by that he means carry) ten small boxes than to put that same amount of stuff in one big box.

I did offer to help him carry it out to the shop.

"It probably weighs 100 to 150 pounds," he said.

Tonight I will be unpacking that box.

Packing sucks.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I learned that the hard way, packing books! I'm sure the big box will come in handy with something like pillows, for instance! Good luck! I hated packing, too!

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    I hear ya! I HATE packing and hate it even more when trying to entertain a baby. And boxes? Those suckers are actually expensive if you have to buy them - they are just boxes!!

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    hehehehehehe. I've done that before.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear you.

    it's enough to make me never never leave this house.

    Carla

    (I mean move. I will go out for groceries and such)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    been there and done that.

    funny when someone else does it too.

    my hubby was also not impressed when I did it.

    Jules

     

Post a Comment

<< Home