Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Typing with my fingers crossed

Because we are motivated sellers, we've lowered the asking price on our house by $5,100.00.

By motivated, I mean I wanted it sold yesterday.

It's only been on the market five weeks, but it would have been nice to have a buy/sell before we move - which is Friday.

On Sunday the realtor hosted another open house. The Boy and I went to the museum while MFH stayed home and worked in the shop. There were 11 couples that attended, and one couple in particular MFH feels really good about.

Two couples were just out looking because they had nothing better to do that day, to which MFH said, "I think clipping toenails would be more exciting than looking at houses if I wasn't in the market to buy."

Then, the realtor had a private showing on Tuesday which he feels good about.

This morning I drove MFH over to pick up the moving truck. As we pulled out of the driveway, I looked at the realty sign in the yard and said, "Wednesday is a good day to buy a house."

MFH replied, "That's what Wendy said. (his sister) She said she has a feeling that we'll get an offer on the house either Wednesday or Thursday."

Back in April, Wendy had a dream that we would buy the house we were looking at, and that MFH would get the job he interviewed for at the H.arley dealership.

I hope the fact that we both said it makes up for her 50% success rate.

Or 50% failure rate, depending on how you look at it.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    moving, buying, selling -- it's all so traumatic. Good luck!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home