Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fanfare

Today will be my last post prior to the move tomorrow, and it will be Monday before I have access to the internet.

My boss wanted to throw a going away party for me, and I hate things like that. I emphatically said no many, many times. I want to go out without any of that fanfare. I hate goodbyes. Besides, I am still working for them and will probably be here once a month.

Yesterday he took me to lunch and it was nice. Just me, him, the GM, the AA, and our regional rep, who used to work for us and went on to work for the manufacturer of our product. I got a card, and inside were gift cards for L.inens 'n T.hings worth $500.00.

Of course I cried.

New bedding. New window dressings.

Nice.

The house didn't sell yesterday, in case you are wondering.

Perhaps today is the day.

It's empty in there.

We've lived there for 15 years.

On to bigger and better things, I hope.

See you next week.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Good luck with the move!! I hope the house sells.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope today was the day too.

    and whatta nice gesture about the gift card.

    Carla

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with the move.

    Cannot wait to hear about it next week.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bigger and better things make living life so much fun. Good luck!!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope the move is going SMOOOOTHLY.

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home