Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, July 02, 2007

In

The only thing worse than packing is unpacking.

One of the girls who works at the bank near my office said she loves to unpack and put things away. "It's just like Christmas!" she said.

I beg to differ.

Whereas this house is much bigger than my old one, all I can visualize is where things used to be. I can't decide where to put anything in the kitchen, so I just put things in the cabinets to get them out of boxes, and I'll rearrange it later. I had more cabinet space in the old house.

But, we are getting there. The pile of boxes in the garage is shrinking.

The woman who lived here previously did a fabulous job with perennials in the front of the house. In general, I couldn't be happier about the landscaping. I know how hard it is to start a lawn, and a mature yard was one of my prerequisites when shopping for a house.

My first day as a SAHM went swimmingly. Tomorrow, however, I need to work for a few hours in the morning. The Boy is used to being with other children doing organized activities, and I'm finding he only does well independently for short stretches of time. I think I'll be looking into some day camps.

MFH likes his job.

The hardest part of this whole move was this morning.

I got up and had no where to go for the first time in many, many years.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Glad you are moved...hope your pile of boxes shrink faster than mine! My SAHM thing had the whole 2 months in Guatemala buffer where I was totally out of my element so I didn't have that first morning at home. Hope tomorrow is better.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    I hope you learn to loving being master of your own hours. I wouldn't trade it, but then I can be pretty intorverted. For one thing, I don't even put on the TV and still stay very occupied. Good luck finding your groove.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Welcome home.. I hope the unpacking isn't too painful. I hate it too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home