Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

I love a parade

The small town where my in-laws live has a 4th of July parade every year. It is so small that they go around the town twice just to make it worth their while.

This is The Boy anticipating the start of the parade. In this small town, they still throw out candy, much to his delight.







Here he is with his loot. There didn't seem to be as many children competing for the candy this year.

He will pick at this for a few days, and then forget about it. I usually throw the majority of it away just in time for Halloween.

My FIL seemed was quite pleased about not hosting the family picnic. MFH is still bent out of shape about it. We will host it next year, and even invite the deadbeats that have my FIL so up in arms in the first place. There will always be people that will not contribute, and I refuse to live my life being angry about that. I will host it because I enjoy doing so.

We invited MFH's cousin and his new wife to our house for take out chicken and fireworks. We did not think to invite my in-laws, and in retrospect, maybe that was just the way to handle it.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so love his hair.

    although you know me

    I love emmas as well :)

    C.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger beth said…

    your 4th of july parade sounds like ours! i hadn't been in ages and sort of....forgot about the candy. i was sort of shocked that the adults were getting into the action too--grabbing candy for their kids.

    it was really fun though. for some reason we have lots of septic tank companies in our area (hmmmm) and they all ride in the parade and decorate their trucks.

    b

     

Post a Comment

<< Home