Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Jellyfish

Every summer at daycare The Boy has taken swimming lessons. Only, it really was just playing in the water learning not to be afraid, which is important. I think he learned how to kick, float, etc. I wanted to go watch him everyday, but then he would cry when I left and didn't take him with me.

Last fall, winter, and even spring, we wanted to get him into lessons at my gym, but it interfered with hockey.

When we moved here, my friend suggested a really good swimming school. Only, when I called the sessions were already full because, well, they are really good. They use an outdoor pool, so the sessions are over once school starts. I asked them to put me on a waiting list for any session at any time of the day. Then I started investigating the y.m.c.a.

The very next day I got a call from the swimming school. Because I could take him anytime of the day, he got in due to a cancellation. He starts today. Each session runs for two weeks and I'm hoping there will be a cancellation in each of the next two sessions as well. If not, I will again investigate the Y, which will be good once fall comes since they have an indoor pool.

He is a very excited "jellyfish" today.

And, so am I.

This kid needs to stay busy.

I am completely in awe of daycare providers.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    My son is in swimming lessons four days last week and this. It is Red Cross Level IV, which he also did last year. Level V means diving off the diving board, which he refuses to do, so I think he'll be Level IV for the rest of his life. That's okay, b/c his teacher last year and this is a real cutie.

    Can't wait to hear about your son becoming a shark! Swimming lessons are great. My son is ravenous afterwards.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Knowing how to swim is necessary and important. I love the water so when I'm finally a mom my kid has to learn to swim. Life is better when we get to splash.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Every summer, it takes a week of swimming for my son to forget that he's not afraid of the water. Yeah, I know...I live in San Diego so you would think i would take him swimming all year long, but well...Yeah. Anyway, after that week, I can't get him out of the water! I'm sure The Boy will have a great time!!
    BTW- I have the longest word verification EVER!
    aabmqdxa

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I kept reading the post expecting to find out that somehow there were jellyfish in the pool - hee hee.

    I keep meaning to look into swimming lessons myself.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AMEN TO THAT LAST SENTENCE.

    got myself a new tattoo for my birthday (wont be blogging that. why antagonize the parents? :))

    nape of neck.

    LOVE IT!

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home