Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

"This is terrible!'

We had a storm last Saturday, and during the entire thing The Boy kept running all around the house looking out the windows and exclaiming, "This is terrible!"

We had 85 mph winds and it rained 2.5 inches in 1/2 hour.

Down the road and downhill from us, the neighbor's basement flooded. They are putting their house on the market. Across the street from us, the alarm was going off to let them know the drain field was flooded.

At our house, five of the eight evergreen trees that the previous owner planted this spring blew right out of their holes. My flowers were windblown, but they have since bounced back.

MFH was on the road between our former house and our new house, when the radio announced to get off the road and stay off.

I was soaked to the bone from running outside to make sure the hood stayed down on the new riding lawnmower after my attempts to start it and move it inside failed. I didn't know were the choke was. In my defense, why wasn't it in the garage in the first place?

Anyway, the point of this story is that the store where I bought all my new furniture experienced a flood during the aftermath of this storm, and somehow the order to deliver my furniture disappeared. I called three times yesterday morning and was put on hold each time for over ten minutes. When I finally hung up on my sales associate the last time I called, after 14 minutes and 36 seconds, she didn't even bother to call me back. I sent a nasty email to the manager and then called back late in the day.

Yes, I heard about your flood. I guess I don't really understand how this affected my order coming from the warehouse and then not being delivered on schedule. The warehouse was not part of the flood. And, I realize when you came back on the line this morning, I had hung up. Why didn't you call me back?

I work for a company where customer service is number one. If this had happened to us, every one of the employees would have been on the phone calling customers and explaining what happened, apologizing for Mother Nature. Then, our delivery department would have been working from sun up to sundown to get the product out there, because we care, and because we realize the customer could have gone numerous other places to spend their money.

I am rescheduled for Saturday.

I got the delivery fee dropped, but next time I need furniture, I will shop elsewhere.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Bad customer service is a huge pet peeve of mine. I have actually paid more for items because I've received good customer service. There is an airline that I will NEVER fly again. I had a horrible experience with them 10 years ago and now will pay more to fly another airline. Why don't companies get how important customer service is?

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "this is terrible"

    that is TOO FUNNY.

    I love kids brains.

    and yes

    I had to comment merely to make that remark

    AGAIN :)

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home