Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing work

My part-time job working from home is turning out to by my full-time job being done whenever I can fit it in.

My boss is having quite the time with the interviewees. If they fit into our organization, they aren't the best candidate to perform the job. If they are a good candidate to perform the job, he doesn't think he can work with them or they won't fit in at the store.

Most days I get up at 5:00 and go straight to my office to get as much done as I can before The Boy wakes up. After all, what I didn't want was for him to spend his summer in front of the television. Most of the past week and a half has been spent trying to get moved in and acclimated. On Monday he starts swimming lessons, we are arranging some play dates, the ice rink here has open skating all summer, and there's always grandma. My mom is coming to get him for the day tomorrow, bless her heart. I'll have an entire day in front of the computer. Ah, the good old days.

To top it off, since I am "home" now with nothing to do, I am cleaning my own house. For the first time in 13 or so years. I think I'll be hiring that out just as soon as I can. It's bad enough that I gave up my nails, but cleaning? Too many sacrifices. Sheesh.

The good news is that I am almost unpacked. If it's still in a box it's for sale, I don't need it yet, or I haven't found it yet. The house is coming together nicely. I am having a new sofa and a bedroom set delivered tomorrow. I am so excited. It's the first matching bedroom furniture, and very likely the last, that we'll ever buy.

Now if only I could sleep. My body is tired, but my mind won't shut down.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Congrats on your move going so smoothly. I hope your maid interview process goes better than your replacement process.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to start hiring that housekeeping bit out as well. I hate it. We had a housekeeper when I was growing up, but I've never had one since being on my own.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I am seriously trying to figure out how to budget for a housekeeper. Gee, maybe less clothes for the princess?? After all, she has enough until she grows out of 24 mo. stuff and she's only 15 months ;-)

    You have to post some pics when you get the new place in order.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home