Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Boots


Meet the newest member of our family, Boots.

Yes, we thought of Socks, but his entire back legs are white, not just his feet. I immediately thought of thigh high boots, but that's the way my mind works.

The Boy has wanted a kitten forever, and since the Black Dog thought kittens were only good to satisfy his hunger, we had to wait until he went to Heaven. Now we've seen signs of mice in the garage, and figured it was a good time.

I haven't had a kitten for about 20 years, and I forgot how much fun they are. Especially at night when they don't realize it's time to sleep. I swear that cat crawled from one side of my head to the other, purring all night long. Really, he's been on the go since we picked him up yesterday at 4:00. Do they ever sleep?

He already owns the entire lot of us.

Welcome to the family, Boots.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    What a sweetie. Same tuxedo cat (high stylin') variety as my Spencer. I've heard how loving and friendly they in particular are.

    Kittens do not stop. Your best bet for night time sleeping if it's bugging you is a hearty meal at your bedtime. That's when mine have their can of Fancy Feast.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Oh what a cutie! I have always been a cat person and I miss having a cat. But with a dog to walk and clean up after, I refuse to add a litter box back into my life. Have fun!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    How cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    He reminds me of a short-haired version of Bing when he was a kitty!!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    What a cute kitty! Love!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a lovely little kitten. Boots is a great name!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WELCOME BOOTS!!

    as good as a dog?

    dare I ask?? :)

    Ive never had a cat.

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home