Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Make new friends......

In an effort to find our way in this new community, we have contacted the Junior Hockey League here and signed up to host a player for the upcoming season.

The housing coordinator called me yesterday to set up an "interview" for Thursday evening and visit our house. She did laugh and say looking at the house mostly consists of making sure we have a bed for the player. They will also need our permission to do a background check.

We did chuckle together last night, MFH and I, when discussing her pending visit. In our old town, the coaches knew who we were but they did not really KNOW us at all. And, nobody ever visited our house until they brought Paul to live with us in February when our second season was almost over. I'm sure they pumped our players for information, but that's really not the same as visiting with us.

She asked if I need any time to "get things in order".

Just don't open any closed doors and don't look in the garage.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that last line

    I may steal it for houseguests :)

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home