Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Meet the teacher

We got a letter from the school today welcoming The Boy to kindergarten. How very exciting! We now know that he is to be in Room 7 with Mrs. R.einhardt. We are to report to the classroom on August 22 to take in his supplies and get acquainted with his teacher.

I must say that this was such a relief to me. I was so worried about dropping him off on the first day to a new situation and just leaving him there. I know, I know. He will be fine. I will be a blubbering idiot.

Speaking of school supplies, he is not allowed any character pencils or character portfolios. How sad is that. He is all about S.pongebob and T.ransformers - and has to have plain yellow number 2 pencils.

Now, I realize they might be a distraction - but to what degree?

When I was teaching I was not nearly so strict in this regard. But that was a hundred years ago and I'm sure teaching styles have changed at least that many times over since then.

All this excitement came after getting a call from the swimming instructor that they can fit him into the last session of the summer. We were so hoping for this to happen - he is making progress, loves it, and needs to have this outlet for his energy during the day.

Now if only my old house would sell. That's not too much to ask in one day, is it?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder why they won't allow the creative pencils... seems odd. Maybe it's to curb jealousies?

    Kindergartan already!! You ARE going to be a blubbering mess. It's a big, big step.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home