Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Exposure

I've always believed that it is my duty as a parent to expose The Boy to as many activities as possible. I want him to know what's out there, whether it be sports, areas of study, or extra-curricular activities.

MFH would insist that's why he only wanted one child. "I want him to have every opportunity," he would say.

And, idle hands are the devil's workshop.

I can honestly that I've never met a young adult, male or female, that stayed busy in and out of school and fell into that world of drugs that scares the sh&* out of me.

This has been a week of opportunity.

We had the motocross. The next night MFH took The Boy to an extreme riding exhibition. There were 4 wheelers, snowmobiles, and motorcycles whose riders would flip in the air and do tricks while on the machines. I must admit I breathed a sigh of relief that he doesn't really want to do that - now, anyway. But as least he knows it's out there. On Sunday we are going to the drag races.

Last night was professional bull riding, which we did not attend.

As a mom, you gotta draw the line somewhere!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    On different years at the fair, we saw a rodeo with bull riding and a demolition derby. I would say they are among my highlights in parenting.

    In fact, I try to expose my son to as much as possible. I think it makes him better as decision making, something a sheltered life would inhibit.

    Kudos to you, Mom.

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Sounds like The Boy is going to have a lot of fun and choices. Nothing wrong with that!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger carla said…

    man, I cling to what you said about keeping E. busy helping to keep her off drugs (DO I SOUND OLD OR WHAT?!).

    Im already watching like a hawk to see what she's interested in...whatever it is IM ENCOURAGING IT!

    (thoughts on LA Ink?)
    Carla

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Before I saw bull riding I watched "Wild Woolies." Children sat on bucking sheep -- it was really fun to watch, and not nearly as violent.

    I hope I'm as good a mom as you are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home