Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Santa brought The Boy this 4 wheeler for Christmas a year ago, even though it was way too big and kind of still is. But, Santa got a really good deal on it, and he knew The Boy would grow into it. Santa is smart that way.

At our old house he just didn't have much opportunity to ride it. Here we have a whole acre that is not landscaped on which he can "tear it up". Right now there is only one hump, but when MFH gets his shop built, he's going to put in a little riding track with more challenges.

For the last few weeks, The Boy is on this thing as much as we'll allow him to ride. Honestly? I prefer it to N.ick at N.ite or N.ick in the daytime.

Our state fair is in progress this week. Tonight the action is Arenacross.

Motorcycle racing.

MFH took The Boy.

He loved it.

I knew he would.

Well, I was looking for something to keep him occupied in the hockey off-season that didn't involve a soccer ball.

Maybe the "something" was in our garage all along!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Right now, I am very happy my husband doesn't read my bloglines. If he saw this he would say, "See! X isn't too young to have his own!"

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Oh, man. I know that he's wearing a helmet, but that would still scare the beejeebus out of me. Didn't Ozzy Osborne flip over on one of those things? What about knitting as a hobby for him? Knitting is nice...well, except for those kinda sharp needles.

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    You take this much bewtter than I would. You sound completely fine about it. Good for you.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said…

    I guess I do remember hearing that about Ozzy. I just thought it was all the drugs he did!

    I am fine with this. In fact, I was the one that found this used 4 wheeler and insisted we buy it. I would love to see him race motocross, and trust me - he is learning safety first. Dad was a racer himself as a kid. They wear a lot of protective gear, which is not in this picture.

    Now what I would hate to see him get into is hill climbing - that is scary!

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anything that gets a kid outside in the world rather than hypnotized in front of the tube is GREAT.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home