Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Beyond a shadow of a doubt (part 2)

I took The Boy's vaccination chart with me to the clinic. I don't know how I didn't catch the missing vaccinations because there it is right on the chart - two lines, one for DTP and one for polio, with no dates written in there.

Now, what bothers me is that I looked at the explanation of benefits that we received after the May vaccinations, and there are 4 injection charges on there. Does MMR count for three? Because he got just MMR and chicken pox that day.

Today he got three more because the doctor said he would need another chicken pox vaccination at some point, so why not get it over with?

Why not, indeed.

The Boy was a brave child, so close to tears. They put the injections in his arms instead of his meaty thighs, the poor soul. I'm surprised the needle didn't come out the other side.

On the bright side, if there is one, we discussed the INH therapy, and this pediatrician said she would have recommended the medication in his scenario. Since he was in an hogar and around so many people as an infant, he could have been exposed to TB. Two months down, seven to go.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger carla said…

    Ive admired your shoes for a while now...no words on this one.

    The Boy is BRAVE indeed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home