Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, August 24, 2007

A shadow of a doubt

I got a call from The Boy's school yesterday.

It seems he is missing two of the vaccinations he needs to start school on Wednesday.

I questioned it. The clerk said, "We had an RN come in to interpret the records, and she said he is missing a DTP and a polio. We wanted to let you know ASAP because he can't start school without them."

I told her I would call our clinic in the old town and double check with them. I did, and sure enough he is missing those two vaccinations.

How the hell does that happen?

I apologized to The Boy, and he said, "That just sucks."

Yes, yes it does.

Now I have to wonder about that doctor's recommendation to put him on nine months of INH therapy for his false positive TB test with the clear chest x-ray.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    wtf???? I'm with you... how does that happen? Aren't we supposed to be able to be comfortable that our drs. are on top of these things and keeping track? Poor kid. Sorry he has to get stuck again.

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger DD said…

    My son said recently, That sucks!, and I gave him a stern talking to.

    However, I think if he said it in the same context as They Boy, I would also wholeheartedly agree. It does suck.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger carla said…

    seriously.

    if it's not one thing...

    (how do I know that this same chickenbus awaits me as well :))

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home