Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Reaction

Poor Boy.

We awoke to "Mom, I need you! Daddy, I want you to take my temperature. I feel so hot!"

102.8

"It must be a reaction to the injections," I said to MFH.

Ibuprofen and a nest on the floor in front of S.pongebob and he is now sleeping soundly.

In the meantime, I am painting the blue bathroom. What I touted as therapy when I painted The Boy's bedroom is now just a chore. I wonder why? Because it was a pleasure to me as a mom to make The Boy's room look like he wanted it to look?

Or is it because instead of simply painting four walls, I am painting around plumbing, a toilet, a sink, and a shower?

Bleh.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    fwiw, I ran a fever after getting all of the chickenpox shots (yes, i'm the only 30 year old in the world who never had the 'pox) and my arm was very swollen and sore for a few days. Hope that's all it is for your little man!

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Ah, poor boy. As if it isn't enough to have to get the shots again... add insult to injury.

    And Priscilla, nope, you aren't the only one. I had the shots at almost 35!! And then, 2 yrs later was retested and was still not immune!!!! Arghhhh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home