Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What's my motivation?

This is a line my son picked up from S.pongebob. My usual reply is, "How about a knuckle sandwich?"

Of course, you all know I am kidding.

Yesterday goes down in (our) history as the day The Boy rode his bike without training wheels.

What a difference a year makes. Last year, at 4 1/2, we tried and tried but he just couldn't get the hang of it. Now, at 5 1/2, he was ready. I had him going in less than 15 minutes and at the end of the day he was starting off by himself and turning around while pedaling instead of getting off of the bike. He was also standing up to pedal, and leaving skid marks when he stopped.

This kid is sure to take me on one wild ride through life.

The Boy just told me on Sunday that he wanted the training wheels off his bike. See, he wants motorcycle and MFH told him he can't have one until he can ride a bicycle on two wheels.

Now he knows the meaning of motivation.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Money motivates my kid. I;ve called him Our Little Capitalist for as long as I can remember.

    Good luck to your youngin' with all the two wheel wonders.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger DD said…

    X is still working on the turning but he's also figured out how to start on his own. He also found out that if he's going at a pretty good clip over the hump by the shop he can almost pop a wheelie.

    Next stop: a bigger bike.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    ahhhhaaaaa. Oh boy, you better hold on tight for the ride he's going to take you on. eeeeek, a motorcycle??

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh-oh -- a little motorbike is right around the corner... Christmas, maybe?

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger carla said…

    nothing to add...just love this (and the above) entry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home