Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wasting time

When I took The Boy to get his vaccinations, I waited one hour to get in. One hour. I had an appointment. It had taken two hours of my day by the time we left the clinic. I do not understand this problem with booking appointments. And, I realize the doctor went to school for 8 years and then did a residency, but that does not make her time more valuable than mine.

Today when I showed up for my first interview, I was annoyed right off the bat. This was the second interview with the same company. With the same person at the same company. The owners had planned to join in, but their flight was canceled and they would not be back in town until tomorrow. Why didn't she just call me, explain the situation, and reschedule?

I visited with her for an hour and a half during which time she complained of her frustrations with her job and the other employees.

The first five minutes with her, however, proved to be worth sitting there for the next 85 minutes. She had just one question for me.

"What will it be like for you to come into an entry level position with your qualifications and your experience?"

Entry level.

It is not the right fit for me.

One down.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Good for you...not only are you not suited for an entry level position, but I would be reluctant to join any company where the interviewer is complaining about her job. I'm sorry, that's just not professional.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I agree completely with Suz. Sounds like she just wanted someone to vent on and that's why she didn't reschedule.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Complaining about her job frustrations? Huge red flag - so wrong and unprofessional. Entry level? Glad you aren't willing to settle for less than you deserve.

    It makes me crazy that doctors schedule their days in a way that will ensure that I have to spend a minimum of 60 minutes waiting around. I've actually walked out of offices after waiting too long.

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Let them weed themselves out. Great approach.

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger carla said…

    serious red flag (echoing michelle. I know) and if only she'd LED OFF with those 2 words huh?

    definitely not the fit for you (or her judging by the b*tching about it!)

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    ugh.... what a serious waste of your time.

    And don't get me started on waiting for doctors. The same ones that have the big signs informing you if you're more than "x" number of minutes late, you'll be charged. harumph.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home