Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Laboring

The blue bathroom is gone. Here is the finished product. I love this color, which is called Brass Tack. I am going to paint the purple dressing room this same color. I am so pleased with how it turned out.

When I was finished I exclaimed, "It's just the color I was looking for!" to which MFH replied, "On the first try?"

Smart alec. He's referring to the two gallons of paint I went through to get the color I wanted on the kitchen cabinets.

I wanted to accent with that lovely wine color in the shower curtain. I went with the green instead because The Boy said he would not dry off with red towels. Okay, I know it's silly that I gave in. It's a towel for crying out loud. But I know my son, and it would have been a battle everyday. I choose my battles carefully. Besides, it's not as though I don't love green. It's everywhere in my house.



This is what MFH and I worked on yesterday. Can you see it? Yes? It's the framework for the new chain link fence, right inside of the barbed wire fence that belongs to our neighbor. Today he hopes to hang what he calls the "fabric".

The previous owners had two sides of the fence done, but let this barbed wire serve as the other two sides. We have to finish it because there is a puppy in our near future.

We've bantered back and forth about this quite a bit lately. I told him I'm not ready for a puppy. I'm still grieving the loss of my old dog. But, MFH makes a good point. "Stiletto, Coal was your dog. My dog has been gone for almost two and a half years. I'm ready."

Life goes on.

Have a very relaxing Labor Day.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger carla said…

    ooooh
    what do you think you'll do about a puppy?
    if and when what breed will you choose? will you rescue?
    all these questions.

    oh and Im confident my husband WISHES he could be married to you (not just the tats ;)).

    I barely notice the walls and would NEVER EVER MOTIVATE TO PAINT!

    happy rest of labor day,

    C

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Great color! And I have to agree with The Boy about the towels but for a different reason. I've never found red/wine towels that don't leave red fuzz on me for the first 6 months. Drives me nuts.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Too funny about the towels. But yeah, pick your battles for sure.

    I know you are still sad about losing your fur baby, but I bet you won't regret a puppy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home