Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Putting off until tomorrow....

MFH is the great procrastinator. I knew this about him when we married. I also know that you can't change people. I guess I just hoped that with time I'd get used to it, but I never have.

By the end of last Monday we had all the fence post holes dug, the posts cemented in place, and dirt backfilled over top of the cement.

Tuesday afternoon he came home early from work to hang the chain link. He got all but about 10 feet of it done when he ran out of the ties to secure the fabric to the posts. He picked that up on Wednesday. And, he hasn't touched the fence since then.

Above is my dressing area. I am covering that awful purple. It's been like this since Thursday evening when I put the final coat on all the walls but that one. See, the mirror is attached to the wall and there is plumbing back there. I don't just want to pull the bureau out since I don't know how to shut off the main water to the house. I have asked him several times if he could help me with this.

If my MIL was here, she'd just jump in and move the damn thing. That's how she is, and she's very handy that way. But since the greatboobincidentof2007 I haven't seen much of her, and I'll be damned if I am going to ask for her help.

Now, to be fair, MFH is at our old place this weekend. He needed to winterize the sprinkler system and mow the lawn, and while there he decided to dismantle The Boy's swingset/fort and bring it here.

He asked me if I finished painting. "Did you want me to just paint around the bureau?" I asked. See, being a woman, I just thought it would be easier to do the whole wall at once.

Arghhhh.

This trait of his, in the words of my cyberfriend DD, drives me bat shit crazy.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    oh Lordy.. There's a few things about my DH that definitely drive me bat shit crazy and then some!!

    Hope you get it moved soon.

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They just don't seem to get it sometimes, the menfolk. Stuff like that I'm sure would get done if I were the sort of woman to nag -- but I HATE nagging and would much rather seethe.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    If your husband is the Great Procrastinator, my husband is the Great Half-Asser. They would be one great crime-fighting duo.
    ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home