Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Now what?

The project engineering firm filled the position. I was disappointed because I was so qualified for that job and they had great benefits. But, it was 7:30 to 5:30 and they weren't flexible on that point. The Boy doesn't get on the bus until 7:45, so it would have been difficult to comply.

I interviewed with another company, and I'm not sure I have all the qualifications they need, but it was a good interview for a great job. They said they'd call back for second interviews when the owner returned in ten days. This was last Wednesday.

The entry level position that I decided I didn't really want?

They called me yesterday and offered me the job. The hours are 8 to 5, but I can take a shorter lunch and work 8 to 4:30. They said it doesn't matter to them as long as I work 8 hours a day. The benefits are okay, but they don't kick in for 6 months. It won't really matter, because I still have benefits at my old job as long as I'm working which could be a while, and MFH's benefits kick in in October.

The shocker?

The met the wage I was asking for. That was going to be my reason to turn it down.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Oh geez! They met the wage. It sounds like they want you.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger carla said…

    you know? I might be IN.
    but thats me...only in that Id view the entry level thing as (brace yourself) I could always LEAVE if it ended up not "working" for me and I could also (waitforit) never put it on my resume if I chose not to.

    just a thought.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger DD said…

    I have to admit that some days working at a register at Target appeals to my "I don't care" attitude because I just want to go to work and then come home and NOT think about work. I don't have that with my job now.

    Maybe this job could be the same for you if you don't care about the lack of challenge. Or, you could use it to really work your way into the business and be the darling of your supervisor. On the other hand, I know how hard it is to stay motivated at a job as opposed to a career.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    So...Are you going to take it? It sounds like a good fit. Even if it is not forever...

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    wow.. yeah, I'm with dd... If the lack of challenge doesn't bother you too much, hey, take the $$ for an easier job....

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    You could always take the not so challenging job until something comes along that you want more. You can always quit! (And I love that Carla suggested not putting it on your resume. Why don't I ever have good ideas like that? Off to rework my resume!)

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger carla said…

    and?

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home