Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Torn

It's been a rough couple of days here at the Stiletto casa.

The Boy has been to the principal's office every single day this week.

The hardest part for me is that this morning he promised me he would try his very hardest to be good.

He promised.

And then he went to school and beat the tar out of a classmate.

To be fair, I will listen to his side of the story, even though we have talked about walking away instead of physically reacting when he's provoked.

I'll admit my defeat here. I don't know what to do.

The principal is having him speak to the school counselor to see if there's something going on that he won't tell us.

I know he's had a lot of change in his world. Everybody keeps telling me that he's only five and that he'll rebound, he's resilient, etc etc etc. To what degree, though?

Now there's this job thing. I don't want to work full-time. I want to be home when he's out of school. I told them I'd take the job. Now I want to tell them I will only work until 2:30 and if that's not acceptable they will have to find another person for the job.

My son and his welfare have to come first. I think he's had enough change for one year.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    This must be hard .... a lot of transitions for the boy and for all of you. I hope that it all works out and agree that your approach to the job is definately for the best.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Oh, man. Poor little bug. I'm sure MFH would agree with whatever you decided about the job.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger emloberg said…

    My older brother, to whom we referred to as "Shane The Pain" during his formative years, was in the principal's office 18 out of the first 20 days of kindergarten. For fighting. A lot.

    He is now a federal agent for Homeland Security and makes well over six figures.

    This too shall pass.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger carla said…

    oh that I had wisdom like erins to share...just letting you know Im checking in and sending you my thoughts.

    hamsa.

    I am that.

    the answer is within us.

    love,
    Carla, who WANTS THAT MEAT TEE!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    If you can afford to stay home, and it's what you really want to do, it sounds like you already know what's good for your family. That's just my opinion. Personally, I'm at home with the boys as much as I can be. Do what is right for your family!

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger carla said…

    hope today is a better day.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Sorry you've had to deal with this. I agree family comes first, so if that's the right thing to do on the job front, so be it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home