Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, September 14, 2007

So far, so good

No phone call from the principal or the teacher today.

Of course, there is still 15 minutes of the school day left, but I'm feeling optimistic.

We know our son is not a perfect little angel. I wouldn't want him to be that. But he has to know that he can come to us, talk to us, and that we'll believe him. He's never given us a reason not to believe.

Personally, I think that if someone is lying their story will change. His never does.

MFH looks for the shifting of the eyes. Good old psychology.

In any case, we have no reason to doubt him at this point.

On a different note, our hockey player will arrive tomorrow.

Paul.

Another Canadian goalie.

It's a curse for playing a joke on a Canadian goalie coach once upon a time.

A story for another day.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger carla said…

    I SO AGREE on the story changing.

    love,
    a woman whose stories changed A LOT when she was in high school

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    My husband, a psych major told me that people touch their ears if they don't like what they're hearing and their nose if they're just uncomfortable. A lot of folks do this when they lie. It's kinda fun to watch it happen.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I work at a school as a recess monitor. That makes me superiorly qualified in all things kid. That is a joke, the part about me being qualified, not the recess monitor. I really am a recess monitor. All the time I hear a ruckus or see something out of the side of my eye and turn just in time to catch a kid shoving another kid. When I question the shover he almost always says that the other kid started it, often that is the case. But I'm telling you that almost all the time I don't see the first kid and almost all the time I do see the second kid. Thing is hitting and fighting at school is wrong and even if you are the second kid you can get into the same trouble for hitting and fighting as the first kid so unless its over something worth getting in trouble over it is best not to hit back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home