Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What's a girl to do?

Somedays I hate work.

About a year ago, the chauvinistic owner decided to use a payroll service instead of processing payroll in house. Nevermind that our expensive accounting software does this in just a matter of minutes, really. Nevermind that payroll and human resources is one aspect of my job that I truly enjoy.

In that year, there have been just a handful of times that payroll services provider has not in some way fucked up our biweekly payroll.

I'll gladly fix my own fuck ups. I don't even really mind fixing the fuck ups of the people I work with when it comes to our accounting and point of sale software, because that is my one area of expertise. But to constantly fix the fuck ups of this hotsy totsy payroll service provider? Hmmm.

Last week I faxed two payroll status changes to said service. Raises. People like raises and they like to be paid what they were told they would be paid. Yesterday, from home, I submitted the payroll online. Those two people did not have raises in the system, but I put the raises on there. It let me change that. All is well. Today I get a call saying the status form got "buried" and the pay changes weren't processed. I said yes I noticed that but I changed it myself online when I saw that it hadn't been done. Oh, you can change it, but the changes don't process through to the checks. Huh? Okay. It has to be retroactive on next payday. I inform general manager and chavinist owner.

GM - "Stiletto, what would it take to get an advance to these two people that were expecting raises?"

S - "Um, it would take nothing at all if I were still doing payroll."

Touche'!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Our business also handles payroll through an outside company because that's what "co-owner" wants. We are constantly correcting f-ups and waiting around for checks that the company says are being messengered but never get there on time. A couple weeks back, they lost them for a whole week! I feel your pain. We say that when we open our own business, without co-owner, we will do it all ourselves. That's what the beauty of computers are, ya know???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home