Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Daytime Television

I used to teach elementary school. I had summers off back then, and my days were split between laying in the sun reading and watching daytime television. I had a few soaps that I loved, but I became addicted to daytime talk shows.

Does anyone remember Rikki? I loved her! Go Rikki, go Rikki.....

Imagine my glee (and MFH's dismay) when I discovered that The Maury Show is on Fox at 10:00 p.m. Yippee! I sneak off to watch it while MFH is watching the news, or better yet, sleeping in his recliner...in which case I get to see the whole hour!!!

Maury seems to be in a bit of a rut, though. Most of his shows are about proving that you are the daddy of my baby, or cheating spouses. And he always asks stupid questions, like "How did you feel when you caught your husband in bed with your best friend?"

One night a woman on the show was back for the EIGHTH time trying to prove who was the father of her baby. Um, chickie, if you had to have eight men tested for DNA, your problem is way bigger than finding the father of your child. WTF???

After Maury? The Jerry Springer Show. Who doesn't love a good brawl?

5 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger DD said…

    And remember Jenny Jones? Where is she now, I wonder...

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said…

    Oh! I had forgotten about Jenny Jones. Yeah I loved her, too. I seem to recall that she had a show about "crushes" and one guest was a man who revealed a crush on another man....I think there was a murder or some such thing. Poor Jenny just kind of faded away after that.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I liked Rikki because she didn't take herself too seriously. That's kind of why I like Jerry Springer. The man, I mean. I can't stand to watch his show. The guests make me embarassed to be human. Poor Jenny...I wonder what happened to her. I used to watch those shows...now I don't have time, or when I do have time, I would rather watch something educational. I am tired of wondering who the baby-daddy is!

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    BTW-
    I am honored to be on your link list!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maury. Totally not afraid to take advantage of the freaks of the world. Gotta love that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home