Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

On Aging

Okay, so after that last post on my doctor visit you are probably all (both of you who actually read me) wondering, "Sheesh, how old is this chick!" Yeah, the poop test freaked me out, too. Upon further investigation I find that it is a colon test of some sort. I am still not going to do it because, well, it's just gross.

Age has never really bothered me. Except for the year I turned 30 - that was a very dark year for me - I haven't thought about it much. Maybe it's because MFH is 8 years younger than me or because I have a three year old son. That'll keep you young! Maybe it's because most of my good friends are younger than me, or because I really don't look my age. I see the aging but people are surprised when I tell them my age. Maybe it's because I am at a good place in my life, and I wouldn't really change anything about it. It could even be because I'm fairly fit and healthy. I do NOT like the crow's feet, but that's nothing a little plastic surgery won't fix. Don't get all high and mighty about that on me, either. I am not a huge advocate of cosmetic surgery, but hey - we live in a century where the little things like that are easy to fix and I find it silly not to take advantage of it. I have never had eyelids so I have never been able to wear much eye makeup, and I intend to change that.

Maybe it's because my baby brother died - that's a topic for another day - that aging isn't a huge deal to me. I'm thrilled to get another year older, because he never will.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger DD said…

    A close one's death, regardless of age, really does make one take stock of their own mortality. I'm sorry you have such a sad reminder.

    And since YOU asked, but didn't answer...how OLD are you?

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Kim Strahan said…

    What a beautiful post!

    You will not hear me get high and mighty about plastic surgery. Once I get my non-mommy body back, I am getting a boob reduction and lift. Those girls deserve to be taken care of as well.

    And the home pooping kit maybe the scariest thing I have ever heard of. Forget SAW, I will have nightmares about that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home