Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, March 24, 2006

When I grow up, I wanna be a YES Man

Oh, you know who he is. He's the guy at work who always has his nose up the boss's ass. He's the patronizing jerk who is always, "Yes, Mr. Boss! I'll get right on it." or "Yes, Mr. Boss. Did you see what a great job I did?"

I've been at my job for almost 15 years. I have no need to blow my own horn. I was hired to do a job, and I guess if I didn't do it well, my boss would be the first to know and I wouldn't be here anymore.

At my workplace, the yes man is the general manager. Ooooh, a title. We all have one, and for the most part, they mean very little. I have to respect that fact that our GM is one of the most knowledgable guys in our industry - just ask him - but he looks like Barney Rubble. Yuck. With very bad breath.

A few months ago, our retail establishment was hit with a credit card scam. The caller used a TTY operator, ordered a large quantity of expensive items, and wanted them shipped overnight to Africa. He used a credit card to pay but wouldn't give the billing address, and emailed his name and the shipping address. It came to several thousand dollars, and H, the administrative asst who answered the call, ran the card. Then she became suspicious. The GM got involved at this point and told her to credit the card back and tell the customer we weren't able to help them. I guess the idea is that they use a stolen card to buy product, then sell the product online and make all this money. At this point, I called the bank that issued this particular card and gave them the information they needed to deal with the stolen credit card and try to find and prosecute the person using the card.

In this month's trade magazine for our industry, they did an article on this very transaction to alert others. In the article, Mr. GM literally handled every aspect of the deal. Good thing we have him around.

You know that 30% evil score in the post below? Anybody got a voodoo doll???????

1 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    OMG! I would be so pissed! It's not simply the fact that he mistakingly received all the credit by the magazine. It's the fact that he did not humbly step yo the side and mention anyone else. Did anyone bring it up at work? Oooh, I so would have! That's where the 60% evil comes in!!!! Good luck with that!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home