Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, March 17, 2006

In the beginning.....

I have been lurking in this blogging world for months now, fascinated by your lives. I have no idea what I am doing - but I just had to join in!!!!

So a little bit about me......I am a 40 something mom to an adorable almost 4 year old boy that we adopted from Guatemala. I work because I like to buy shoes. Oh, and there's that whole health insurance, retirement plan, college plan, food on the table, roof over your head issue as well. MFH spoils me rotten - and he's 8 years younger than me. We've been married 14 years.

We have a hockey player living with us, too. During hockey season these young, fit, handsome beyond belief boys playing Junior A hockey live with families in the community. This is our first year hosting a player and we do it because the boy LOVES hockey. MFH says there is nothing like having a 20 year old man with six pack abs and 5% body fat running around the house in a wife beater to make you very self-conscious of your masculinity. HA! I love it. MFH makes me laugh a lot.

Now that I am started and have broken the ice, we'll see if I actually attract any readers. Cause I would hate for me to be my only reader.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've just stumbled onto your blog (literally....my highish heeled, long-pointy-toed impractical-work shoes tripped me up as I was leaning over my desk reading Kritter's blog....I hit a key, and hey presto, am reading all about you....)
    anyway...I like your writing style and will be back for more!!
    best wishes from Australia

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Nico said…

    MFH cracks me up too! I'm a little jealous that you have a 20 something young man with 5%bf running around your house in a wifebeater. mmmmmm.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home