Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Number 2

The first year the boy was home from Guatemala he had a lot of ear infections. Omoxycillin didn't work. Zithromax didn't work. We decided to treat the infections ourselves with a wonderful numbing oil for the ears and Tylenol. Get through the first 24-48 hours and his body will heal itself. It worked!

Fast forward two years without even one ear infection. I was called at work to come and get the boy at daycare. He had a 102 degree temperature. We were home for two days fighting a pretty high fever. I figured he had the flu. There was some vomiting and he was just generally lethargic. The third day my mom came to stay with him. I was at work a mere hour when she called. The boy had turned into the devil child. He wouldn't let her near him and was just chanting "my momma, my momma" over and over. Time for Urgent Care. Both ears are infected. Am I a good mom or what? I guess he was on so much Tylenol for his fever that he couldn't feel any pain in his ears. But his fever broke and I quit giving him Tylenol.

Enter Augmentin. For ten days. The only antibiotic that is effective on the boy. But it gives him diarrhea. Poor kid.

And I bet you thought this post was titled Number 2 because it was my second post to this blog. Am I clever, or what???? Come on, people, read me and comment. After all, I already know what I said here and apparently I'm my biggest fan thus far. That sucks.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hope you and your son are okay, I'll read your blog, though my advice won't be of any use to you, so I'll mostly lurk. ;) I suggest a counter though, you'll knwo then the lurkers come. :)

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Read you blog... and I like it! I am a mother of three boys, and my youngest is also three. They can be quite a handful, and sometimes we miss things we think we shouldn't have. It's okay...we can't be wonder mommy all the time. I'll become one of your fans, mm-kay?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home