Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Goodbye Camaro - Viva Las Vegas!

In response to comments on the last entry in which I talked about selling my car...

We have so many vehicles at our house. We have a two car garage and a three car shop, and we still don't have enough room.

Yes, I loved my car. Over the years it has been for sale on two other occasions. The first time I was sobbing and MFH told the prospective buyer no deal. That was about 10 years ago. Now, though, I was ready. My son loves "vroom vrooms" (his term for really cool cars/trucks), but has never shown any particular interest in my Camaro. MFH is currently restoring an early 70's GMC truck that the boy considers very cool, as well as the early 80's Chevy shortbox that is his everyday driver. The car he gets really excited over, however, is the not yet restored '57 Chevy two door. The boy has good taste.

I am okay with my decision to sell. And today I booked a trip for our 15th anniversary in July, and paid for it with some of the money from the sale of that fabulous car. To Vegas. I have never been there.

I just bet they have some FABULOUS shoe stores!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Now it makes perfect sense. I would sell my mother-in-law if it meant a pair of F.M. Shoes (email me for definition of F.M. since this is a "family" blog), however, I would probably only get a pair of keds from that sale.

    Vegas shoes...*sigh*...sounds like heaven.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said…

    Heh. dd you crack me up. MIL=Keds

    Would F.M. Shoes be the same as Come F.M. Shoes??

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I believe they might be... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home