Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tired

The party's over for another year.

The Boy has 15 classmates. 10 of them showed up for the party. 3 of those 10 had actually RSVPed.

So there you have it.

Next year I will take it upon myself to call everyone and ask if they intend to come to the party.

Another thing?

I clearly stated on the invitation that it was a party for the entire family because we were serving dinner, and it would be nice to get to know each other. Of those ten classmates, 2 of the parents stayed. The rest of the kids were just dropped off.

Now I realize The Boy is getting older and it will soon be protocol not to attend parties with my child, but I felt a little like a babysitting service for those three hours. The adults that were there had to prepare dinner plates for all the children without a parent, and man, what a fiasco!

I'm thinking it could be an age gap issue. The older parents not only responded, but attended the party. Huh. Could there be something to that?

The Boy had a good birthday week and that's all that really matters.

As one child left, he exclaimed, "This was the best birthday party I've ever been to! Thanks!"

I'd consider that a success.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    wow. People's lack of common sense and manners just floors me!!!

    I think 6 is definitely still too young to just drop your kid off and leave. Holy smokes.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger carla said…

    AMEN ALLEEN!

    what is the deal with no one ever rsvping anymore!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home