Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Taking care of business

So.

My dead brother is the executor of our estate and the sole inheritant of our worldly goods, which includes our dead dogs.

Yes, it was a long time ago.

Apparently inheritant is not a word, since it is underlined in both sentences in red. WTF?

Anyway, my SIL has been here all week with The Boy's cousin. They get along famously.

We have nothing in common.

Seriously.

Here is a question.

When you are making a will, and choosing who will care for your child in the event you are not around to do raise them, what do you do -

a. Choose family because that makes the most sense, and they love your child.

b. Choose a friend that will raise the child in the manner they are accustomed, and in the style that most fits their life as it is now, and they, too, love your child
.

What would you do?

6 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Welshie said…

    I would choose love. Whoever loved my child, even if I didn't agree with their parenting skilz. If it was true love then it should conquer all.

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger carla said…

    hmmm.
    Im struggling with this as well and I think it is SO depending on the people in a.

    for ME I choose B.


    C

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Ohh... I would probably go for B. Both A & B can love your child, but perhaps A won't make the best decisions regarding your child. You need to decide what is best for the child all around.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    trying to figure that one out myself. no good answer.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We chose the friends. I can't imagine anyone in our family raising Gabe.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Watch "Raising Helen" and struggle with it some more. :-) Honestly, if something, God forbid, should happen, I don't think we should expect anyone to raise them as we would. People do the best with what they have, and I expect that I would make the decision that I think would result in the best future for my child. That answer probably doesn't help, but ask your family member and friend. See what they would do in that situation. Maybe you could have them thumb wrestle??? :-) (Making light out of a VERY difficult situation!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home