Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Optimism

We called to ask my good friend out for dinner on Saturday night. She couldn't go, as it was her son's last prom and she wanted to take pictures.

And cry.

That explains all the young boys I saw in W.almart buying condoms earlier that day.

To the boy that bought TWO large boxes, which my husband informed me probably contained 12 condoms each -

Seriously? For one night?

It now occurs to me that he was probably the only one of his friends brave enough to buy them, and perhaps he was going to share.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    LMAO! Gotta love the optimism...but at least they are hoping to be safe!

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Wow! From the mom of three boys, its good to know that they are being safe, but still a little scary!!

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok this tired mamas first thought was THAT SOUNDS TIRING.

    yeah

    I said it.

    C.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    once i was standing in line behind a young (teens) couple at wally world, and they were checking out with three items: razor, chapstick, and condoms.

    to this day i wonder if the items were related or unrelated. i guess my mind is in the gutter like that!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    optimism as only a teenage boy could have!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home