Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

A promotion, I think

When I was hired at the burger joint, the Head Bitch told me that she envisioned two people in the department doing all the work.

Last week, the Accounts Payable person gave her notice. This is the same person that was competing for my job. They were not happy with her attitude - saying she is not a "team player" - so her giving notice didn't break anyone's heart.

I was about to approach HB with the suggestion that I do both jobs for a significant pay raise, when she beat me to the punch. "They are not going to want to rehire for that position. I think this is an opportunity for both of us to make more money if we split her duties," she said to me.

I agreed.

I have spent the entire last week shadowing A/P. This is no easy task, as we have 22 going on 23 locations, and that is a lot of bill processing. I am a quick study, and I love A/P, so I have been busy but not overwhelmed.

N.ikki's (A/P) last day is this Thursday. I have two things to address before she leaves.

So far, nothing has been mentioned about how much more money I can expect.

And, I am the only one that is learning the job. That would not exactly be "splitting duties".

As an aside, I never realize just how quickly time flies until I notice the number of days that have passed between my posts lately. I guess working two full time jobs will do that to you.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Make sure you address those two things, woman!! God knows you don't need to do two full jobs for the price of one!

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger carla said…

    amen, not so normal...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home