Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dear John

I've been meaning to post this for a few days, but got my hands slapped at the burger corp. for being on the internet during business hours. I'm not too concerned about it. I've caught everyone on the internet a time or two, and honestly? I'm too old to lose sleep over losing or keeping a job.

On Sunday night, Hockey Player came home and said he was "being traded" and would be leaving in a day or two, going to Seattle when the deal was done. (Yes, I was doing my Dance of Joy behind his back.) The coach brought in another Canadian, making for three, and there can only be two foreigners on a team in the US. This is the time of the season when coaches start bringing in the ringers for post season play.

Then he proceeded to run amok for the next two days, even more than usual.

He arrived home on Wednesday morning as my alarm went off, and I told MFH "He'll be gone when we come home tonight."

And he was.

He left a note about "the trade" and how he had to leave that day, and he appreciated his time with us blah blah blah. And, he left his suit bag behind. All players are required to show up to the ice in a suit and tie in case they don't suit up for the game. All players on all teams everywhere.

So I did a little investigating on my computer history and saw that he had been on map-quest that day, mapping his route HOME.

Last night we got the rest of the story from the coach. Because of his attitude on and off the ice, and his performance on the ice, he was being reduced to the practice squad and removed from the active roster. He was welcome to stay and practice, and his parents wouldn't let him stay.

Remember my talk with her? Perhaps she, too, is over his behavior.

I was glad to see him go. It's too bad he felt he had to lie to us, though.

Pride goeth before the fall?

We're both the most angry that he didn't say goodbye to The Boy. He was the only member of our household that wasn't fed up with Paul.

We're going to address this fact when we call his parents to see where in Seattle we should send his suit bag.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Yeah, The Boy wants a postcard of the Space Needle, too!

    Talk about a tail between the legs departure! Did he think you'd not be talking to the coach?

    He's got some growning to do. At least him mom knows it's not just around them.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Sounds like good riddance... But, yes, too bad he didn't at least respect the youngest one in the house.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    It sounds like he just was blind to all the opportunities around him, including that to develop a wonderful long-term friendship with the Boy. It's a shame.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I agree with suz...Boys need to have good role models and be shown how to act. Too bad his parents couldn't do that for him. And too bad he couldn't look at your family and notice what he could learn in your home. Next time, and I really think you should do it again, hopefully it will go differently.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home