Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

My Christmas tree is still standing. If I had my way, I'd leave it up all year long. Not much makes me happier than a tree with lights.

MFH wouldn't hear of it. He's one that doesn't want any sign of Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving.

Proof that opposites attract.

Every year I buy an ornament that siginifies something The Boy is "into" that year. One year it was P.ower R.angers, one year it was D.arth V.ader. (Thank G-d for H.allmark.) This year we got a miniature x box controller.

I know, I know. He loves video games and we do limit his time on the machine. But you should see him play. He gets into it. He can't just sit - he moves around and interacts with the screen.

I also add an ornament if something special happened that year like when he rode the P.olar E.xpress, and I always buy one that I can put his picture in.

When I see decorated trees in stores I am often envious of them. I love the look of those elegant "theme" trees.

And then I realize I'm creating my own theme tree. One day the entire tree will be decorated with nothing but memories for The Boy.

I may be able to talk MFH into leaving that tree up permanently.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    I love it while it is up...but it can't go up before the 1st of December and has to come down before New Years. I'm weird that way.

    But I love looking at ornaments that have meaning.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    I can't tell you how much I love that idea.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home