Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Customer Service

I got haggled with on a daily basis over charges on bills back at my old job that I still have part-time, and I never wanted to be like those people.

Get a service, pay the bill.

On Thursday Itty was injected with water under his skin because he was dehydrated. This morning, Saturday, is the first attempt he's made at drinking water. That tells me he's on the mend, but he has gone a long time without hydration. So, MFH took him back to the vet today. They injected him with more water, but said the dehydration was not as bad today as it was on Thursday when they treated him. I am saddened that they didn't ask us to bring him back in for another look after medicating. They just said if we are concerned to call. Well, of course I am concerned, and because I've never cared for a 1.5 pound animal before, I don't know how long is too long to wait. His nose is all boogered up, and his eyes look better but still leak, and his breathing is labored.

After they treated him, they charged again for another office call and the water treatment.

MFH objected. He reminded them that this is the third time they've seen him for the same illness in a week. They knocked off the office visit.

If you don't ask, it's an automatic no.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    I have a post that has saved a lot of cat's lives, gets hits daily. Once when my cat had to drink, but wouldn't, I opened a can of tuna and gave her tuna water. Given the chance again, I would have watered it down by half. Try it and see if you can accomplish this at home.

    Boy, do I understand about incomplete instructions. You feel so in the dark, yet stupid about being in the dark.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home