Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My bad

On Saturday we drove back to our old hometown to attend my company's Christmas party.

Not the Burger Corp., but the one that I can't seem to quit because they can't seem to replace me.

It was nice seeing everyone again, but I really shouldn't have gone. It made me homesick for all the familiarity and security of my old job. So on the way home, MFH suggested that I once again approach the owner about giving me my old job back. Yes, quit the Burger Corp. and work from home, traveling to them once a month.

I did. I feel an obligation to them, and inventory reconciliation is coming up, as well as year end, which are two functions that only I know how to handle.

Basically my suggestion was met with the same lack of enthusiasm as before. I guess I expected that time and the inability to hire anyone might change his mind.

I even thought that maybe I was doing him a favor - with year end fast approaching and me having a full-time job elsewhere, there is very little I'll be able to do to help them out. Certainly I won't be able to spend any time up there.

But, no, he's not interested.

So I've decided to do things on my own terms. I am tired of working ALL THE TIME. I'll do things when I feel like it, if I feel like it.

Today I got an email from him asking how soon I can have the numbers ready for November as he is meeting with the accountant. He needs the info ASAP.

His bad.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Nice. The new attitude impresses me. Over-extending yourself is never good. Do what is right for you. As moms, we often try to please everyone, but end up not being so happy ourselves. I applaud you-really.

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Sounds like a stubborn mule. I hope you can stick to your new resolve and not be guilt driven to rush for him.

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger DD said…

    I hope you make him sweat it out a bit.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger carla said…

    very nice.

    as usually I love the way you tell a story.

    C.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't like him. He doesn't appreciate you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home