Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mother's intuition

The Boy has been taking his antibiotic therapy for that latent TB scare for 150 days. He has 120 days left.

Or, until he gets a clear chest x-ray according to the label on the prescription bottle, which is funny since he had a clear chest x-ray to begin with.

I've been ordering the medication from our old town since they have his script on file, and they keep the medication on hand.

I ordered a two month supply two weeks ago. He takes two 100mg tablets, and they are very tiny. The pills I got are HUGE. The label and instructions were the same, so we continued as usual for four days.

Until Friday, when I got a weird feeling. I examined the tablets and saw "300" on them (which is no small feat since my close vision sucks). Saturday I took both bottles into W.algreens. Sure enough, the new bottle contained 300 mg tablets. We had been giving him 600 mg a day for four days.

We called the pharmacy and left a message. The called back in a panic. We were told to discontinue the meds for this week and they will send out the correct dosage. We destroyed the old pills.

Thank goodness for a mother's intuition.

Boots is still missing. Day 4.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate when pharmacies are careless. No intuitive feelings regarding Boots?

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Wow - that is quite a screw up on the pharmacies part. I would have been livid.

    And sorry about Boots...hope the kitty comes home from his adventures sure.

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Oh my goodness.. Thank God for mother's intuition indeed.
    I sure hope Boots comes home soon!!!! I bet The Boy misses him.

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger DD said…

    I know that everyone makes mistakes, but that's infuriating.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home