Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Where did that come from?

On Wednesday I left work early. My mom had The Boy for the day and I took the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping before I picked him up.

On the way home we were talking about being thankful and I said I was thankful that he was able to come to the United States and be my son.

He asked, "Mom, how much was I?"

I was a little shocked. "What do you mean?"

"How much was I. How much did it cost for you to come and get me."

I believe in being honest with him, so I told him.

Then he asked, "Where did you get the money?"

I told him that, too. The subject was dropped.

Later I was able to ask him why he was so curious. We haven't really talked about that, and if someone else is talking to him about it, I want to know. He told me that he "just wondered".

I just wonder why.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    I would wonder, too. But you know, I think the fact that you were so honest with him and didn't hedge around the topic was such the perfect way of handling it.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    me too (in the wondering)
    Im not sure what Id say.

    I think Id tell E and then say something about how every baby costs money? sometimes the money goes to hospitals and doctors (like with your cousin) and other times attorney etc?

    hard to kn ow


    carla

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    hmm. very interesting indeed. Can't imagine he dreamt that up on his own.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Mancub has asked me how much it cost for his adoption before. We sat down and compared his legal fees vs. Little Boy's birth fees and we realized he was a much better deal. ;-) He was so excited about that!

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger DD said…

    When XBoy says something that obviously was overheard or told to him, I'll ask him who told him that.

    He answers, "I told me."

    *yeah, right*

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger carla said…

    still on my mind so Id imagine yours as well...

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home