Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

First week on the job

I went from one extreme to the other.

My last job (the one that doesn't really count cause I was only there 5 weeks) was so boring it was painful. I am not a phone person at all, but I would hope the phone would ring just so I would have something to do. Plus the ringing would wake me up.

I don't answer the phone at the burger corp. In fact, my phone doesn't even ring. But I am so busy, that it was Thursday before I knew it. The week flew by until 3:00 on Friday afternoon. It was too late to start anything new and the office closes at 4:00 on Fridays, so I left early.

I like everyone I work with, but then it's early in the game and I have no reason to feel otherwise. The top four positions in the office are held by men, and the other eight employees are women. That is a lot of women thrown together in such tight quarters. They all seem to get along just fine, though, and I hope it stays that way.

The best part of the job as viewed through the eyes of a five year old boy? All the free soda you can drink. The corporate offices are above one of the 22 locations held by the company.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger carla said…

    a 5 yo boy and this tired strung out on Mommy Merlot (still) blogger.

    so glad you are enjoying it so far (she types realizing that it IS still a J-O-B :))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home