Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Poor, poor Boots

Boots got his "beans" cut off Wednesday.

I was supposed to drop him off on my way to work, but he couldn't have any food and he was making me so sad with his meowing that I had MFH drop him off instead. He leaves earlier than I do in the morning.

I have taken all three of our other animals to have this procedure done in the past, as MFH refused to be the one they remembered leaving them to have such a heinous thing done. I told him he's nuts. (HA! Nuts!) "Animal's minds don't work that way," I said to him. "They can't possibly rationalize."

He had to stay overnight, and The Boy and I went to get him Thursday afternoon. He was so happy to see us. That's what worries me the most. What goes through their mind? "Are my people EVER coming back to get me????"

Boots literally turned his back to MFH. At one point he even stuck his butt up in MFH's face as if to say, "Do you see this? Do you notice anything missing?"

Maybe animals do rationalize after all.

My interview with the burger corporation went well. I got called back for a second interview tomorrow morning, with the president. I hear he's overwhelming.

*fingers crossed*

3 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I chuckled out loud at him sticking his butt in YFH's face!!!!

    Good luck with the interview!!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GOOD LUCK!

    our bullmastiff's beans were GINORMO.

    TMI

    I know :)

    carla

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    That made me laugh. Good luck at the job interview!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home