Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

On potty training

Naturally, The Boy is potty trained. In fact, once we went to underwear at 2.5 years old, he didn't have even one accident - night or day. We always tell people that it had nothing to do with us - he did it all on his own. You all know you can't force a child to potty train.

I just wonder when he will wipe his own butt. Not that I mind, really. But I suspect that he won't go number two anywhere when he's not with one of us or his grandmas because of wiping his own butt. Every time he will ask me, "Is it clean?"

Like I'm going to leave his butt dirty.

I just hope that if he has to go at school, he isn't holding it until he can get home.

So up until a week ago, I was the one that was trained - not the pups. I ushered them out every so often and they would pee or poop on command, but invariably one of them would pee at some point in the house. We did progress from the carpet to the hardwood laminate in the dining area, so at least they were heading towards the door to outside. And, it's a lot easier to clean laminate than carpet!

Now they haven't had an accident in several days. Yeah! We can focus on the chewing, and what toys, furniture, clothing, etc. belongs to the people and not to the puppies.

Old Dog still holds the key to my heart - but I'm finding that I have room in there for these pups, too. I'm glad we got Boots, the kitten, first. He warmed me up to having a pet again.

In case you're wondering, they get along famously. It's very sweet.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger carla said…

    my husband trained the lab.
    my husband trained the bullmastiff.

    poor E.

    husband is always working so she's stuck with me!

    :)

    have a good week.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    hmmmm, not looking forward to that phase I have to admit.

    I think we need some recent pics of the pup and Boots :-)

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger DD said…

    XBoy turns six in a couple of months. I still get the "Mommy! I need to be wiped!" call.

    However, my stipulation is that he does the first wipe. I usually follow that up with a wet-wipe. Of course, my husband, the TP Nazi, thinks it's all overkill.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home