Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Sometime in the past two days, the person who hired me and who is my immediate supervisor, totally forgot that not only am I capable of doing my job, I could probably do her job as well.

Or, maybe she is very well aware of it. Too aware.

I really hoped the I could do this. I wanted to be able to go to work and not be challenged.

It ain't looking good.

One reason to work outside the home would be to form friendships. My supervisor is far from the most popular employee, and I fear I am going to be lumped with her in that category since I work closely with her.

I met the owner today, and he told me that he knows she is set in her ways. He hopes I will work out as he'd like to see me take on more responsibility. He knows that I am overqualified for this position.

I told him I appreciate all that, and only time will tell if I am going to be able to take this huge step backwards.

All of a sudden I am very thankful for the 180 day probationary period.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    ugh.... I'm guessing the answer is no, but anyway for you to just look at it as a paycheck to help with some shoe shopping?

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger carla said…

    AND the fact "we" never have to put it on "our" resume :)

    C.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with all of that...

    I just caught up with former posts -- hooray for your boys!

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Good luck, good luck. It's hard to start a new job and it looks like you have some real challenges with this one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home