Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rock on

Very exciting times here in the city.

O.zzy is coming.

November 9.

It's a strange system they have here for selling concert tickets. This morning I had to go get a wrist band that is numbered. On Saturday I have to return to that site by 9:00 at which time the doors will be locked. They will draw a number out of a hat. That person gets first choice at seats, then they call out subsequent numbers after that person. It prevents people from camping out on site. They assured me that people would already be setting up camp if they didn't sell tickets on this lottery system.

There are about 6 sites that will sell tickets. MFH got his wristband at another site, so we can increase our chances at good seats.

The venue for concerts here is the same arena they use for most everything - rodeos, the arenacross we spoke of at fair time, hockey games, etc. There are quite a few nose bleed seats. I commented to MFH that as he has waited his whole life to see O.zzy in person, it would be a shame to have to sit clear up there. He said he'd rather have great seats, but to hear him in concert is better than to miss it because the seats were crappy.

Seat prices are $49.75, $69.75, and $89.75.

O.zzy's special package seats through his fan club are $999.00, $599.00, and $333.00. (What - no $666.00?)

I came home this afternoon and shopped where I always shop for those hard to find items, E.bay.

I scored two tickets on the floor in the third row for a total of $449.75.

It's quite possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity for us.

I'm so glad I won't be spending a Saturday standing in line for bad seats.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    My husband would be really, really, really envious of this. Really. For me, it would be worth it just to hear a live rendition of Fairies Wear Boots (which happens to be my favorite Oz.zy)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home