Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Keep it coming

I have an interview with burger corporate next Wednesday.

I expected to get an interview. The hard part is actually wowing them at the interview. I used to be a real cocky gal. Now? Not so much, and I can't quite figure out why. It could be the move and all the changes, but I am tired of blaming every bad day on that old news.

So keep the good vibes coming, please. Apparently it's working so far.

The Boy had his first hockey practice tonight. He started out a little shakey, but that was our fault. We couldn't find his skates, so he had to wear a new pair with that had just been sharpened. Usually we have them edged and then dull them a bit on a 2X4, but we just didn't have time tonight. Plus, they aren't broken in, so they were stiff and MFH couldn't get them laced tight enough. He quickly got his feet under him, though. Literally.

After practice we stopped to eat -practice is from 5:45 to 6:45 - WTF? Does anyone else think that's bad timing for 5 year olds? - and while we were waiting, The Boy said to me, "I was scared at first, but then I was okay."

He internalizes way too much. All he said to me was that he was excited to start hockey again.

What a kid. At his age I was so painfully shy that I never would have attempted half of what he's done.

I am so proud of him. But, I hope he does things because he wants to, and not because of our expectations.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger carla said…

    you know, I totally believe that just because you even pause to think that last sentence he will KNOW that and WILL.

    and the next to last as well...

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Trust me, at this age he's doing it because he wants to/likes to. Expectations be damned...just wait until he does something he shouldn't be and you'll know.

    And yes, that practice time is ridiculous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home