Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Just stab me in the neck with a fork

So my big task for the day at work was to process nine Accounts Payable checks which amounted to somewhere around $20,000.

The head bookkeeper said to me, "Now be sure to ask if you have any questions. This is a bigger A/P run than just one or two checks."

I was already finished when she made that comment to me.

***********************************************************************

My A/P runs typically consist of 30 to 40 checks and amount to anywhere from 25 to 75 thousand dollars.

Each week.

***********************************************************************

I applied for a job yesterday in the accounting office of that burger corporation where the head guy was adopted. And, I'm applying for a job with the school district.

Please send any and all good vibes my way.

PLEASE.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Vibes coming your way!! I'm so sorry.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    I can't believe you've lasted this long. There are some that have no idea what real work is!

    Good luck!

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I hope you can find something a little more stimulating!!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Ugh...boring jobs where they don't keep you busy SUCK! I did a little temping years ago. They seemed to think temp = brain dead. I would literally sit and watch the second tick by on the clock and contemplate stabbing my eye with a dull pencil. Hope you find something better soon!

     
  • At 3:23 AM, Blogger carla said…

    vibes coming your way!
    I placed em on the back of a harley myself last night and DOWN THE ROAD they zooooomed.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    I'm sending those good vibes!!! I have a boring job myself, and it makes for a loooong day :-).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home