Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Done

This was my last day at that job I knew I would hate. Maybe my attitude doomed it from the start. I missed Friday because I had that second interview and also because I manage to get a sinus headache whenever I even think about my job. When I came in today I had an email from my supervisor that read "I know why you were really gone Friday."

No, honey, you don't.

And, in spite of being gone on Friday, by 11:00 I was out of work to do. That left me with 3.5 hours to kill.

I quit. I quoted my stress level, not working at my potential, not being able to deal with the demotion in spite of the pay, etc.

Then I came home and made an appointment for a foil weave and cut, and made a vet appointment for the pups to get the rest of their shots. I worked on getting The Boy into after school care three days a week and with my mom the other two days.

And I called the burger corporation and told them I would accept their offer.

I know this will be the job I've been waiting for. I can just feel it.

Now I need to figure out what to do about my old job that I'm still doing only I won't have time to do it when I go to work at that burger corporation.

Stop the insanity!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SO GLAD YOURE TAKING THOSE STEPS TOWARD DOING SOMETHING YOU ENJOY!

    signed,

    Carla who could use a foil weave & cut Im sure...

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Yeah!!!

    You're STILL doing the old job??? Wow, I didn't realize that was dragging on. You're a better person than me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home